When it comes to choosing a new set of gates for your home or office, we know the options of materials can be overwhelming to choose from. Composite gates have their pros and cons, and today we’re going to share the top reasons this material is so popular. Let’s take a look at why you would choose composite gates and the protection they offer to your home.
What are Composite Gates?
Composite gates are created from a variety of materials, including wood fibres, plastics, and binding agents. This allows them to have the appearance of wood without the many risks involved with using this material on your gates. You’ll also find composite gates don’t need as much maintenance, which is why they are ideal for your driveway gates. Composite gates offer a modern and aesthetically pleasing solution that will provide your home with years of protection.
Why Choose Composite Gates?
The reason we love composite gates for homes so much is that they offer both protection and style for your home. Many materials like iron aren’t always the most attractive option. While they might protect your home, they won’t necessarily give you the stylish first impression you are aiming for. Composite gates have so many advantages over other materials, and they are incredibly easy to maintain. We are all looking for ways to save time and effort on looking after our homes, and composite gates are one of the best ways to do just that.
Composite Pros and Cons
As with any type of material, composite gates come with their pros and cons. Let’s take a look at the key things to keep in mind when opting for this type of gate.
The Advantages of Composite Gates
- An attractive look – Composite gates offer a very attractive and welcoming first impression to your business or your home. Instead of the cold look of metal, you’ll have an aesthetically-pleasing set of gates. They look just like wood, but without the risks involved with this type of material. On top of that, you can fully customise your gates to meet your needs and style. You’ll find that the range of colours and styles is extensive when working with our team, which will help you to create an attractive entrance to your home.
- Low maintenance – When adding gates to your home, you might be wondering how much time you need to dedicate to this task. The great thing about composite gates, when compared to iron or wood, is that they require very little maintenance. While they still look as attractive as wood, they won’t rot or attract termites. You won’t need to worry about treating them on a regular basis, so you can just appreciate the addition of gates to your home without the extra work.
- More privacy – Most homeowners who are opting to add gates are looking for extra privacy and security. If you are adding gates, you don’t want anyone to be able to see into your home. Unfortunately, iron gates still have gaps, so while they are a secure solution, you don’t enjoy as much privacy as you would with composite gates.
- A long-lasting solution – If you are investing in a set of gates for your home or workplace, you need to ensure they’ll last for many years. We recommend composite gates for this reason, as they are much more durable than wood. The combination of wood and plastic gives them strength that other gates don’t have. You’ll find this to be one of the best investments for your home, and it can even help increase the value of your home when it comes to selling it in the future.
Disadvantages of Composite Gates
- The cost – The only real disadvantage of composite gates is in regards to their cost. However, this will all come down to the shape and size of your home. Our team will work with you to find an affordable solution that will protect you and your family for many years to come. One thing to keep in mind is that composite gates don’t need any maintenance. This will make them a more cost-effective solution in the long run, which we recommend factoring into the upfront costs of these gates.
As you can see, there are so many reasons to choose composite gates over other options on the market. This is one of our favourite gate materials, as it’s so low-maintenance and offers homeowners the privacy they desire. While they might seem a little more costly upfront, you’ll find that you soon benefit from the long-term savings with this type of material. Contact us today for more information about installing composite gates into your home. We’ll be excited to share with you the benefits of this material and discuss the possibility of adding gates to your home this year.